Friday, January 3, 2014

Start NOW!

Something I think about a lot is why I waited so long or made so many excuses to lose weight. I knew my eating habits were horrible, I knew I should work out, when I looked in the mirror, I didn't like what I saw or how I felt. It wasn't all about losing weight though, I was unhappy, truly unhappy. I could put on a mask for other people and always lived by the "fake it til you make it" type of attitude. I thought if I pretended to be happy, that maybe one day it would just "click" and I would be happy.

Well, one day something did click, but it wasn't "happy switch" it was finally that part of my brain that truly realized...if I wanted things to change, I HAD TO CHANGE! Instead of focusing on what I didn't have, I focused on what I DID have and how blessed I was to have what I did. I started to truly recognize what I didn't have control over (which was a HUGE obstacle for me, I wanted to control EVERYTHING) and focus on what I could change. Who I spent time with, who I let guide me in my decisions, who I let determine my happiness. I took control of what I could and I left the rest to God. Another step in that was giving that control TO God, truly trusting that He would bless me and guide me down the path I needed.



What has happened since that point is amazing! I can say I am happy, REALLY happy! Don't get be wrong, it's a daily struggle, and some days the struggle is greater than others, but it is worth it! It is a hard truth to accept sometimes and honestly is hard to follow sometimes, but the picture above is a a great reminder that I turn to often. 

I hope your new year has gotten off to a good start and if you are ready to make some changes to start seeing results regardless if it's changes for weight loss or personal growth, career, relationships, anything or all of the above, good luck to you! Claim 2014 as your year! I know I am!

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment