Monday, January 20, 2014

Truly Blessed

I am gone back and forth of how to say this, so I am just gonna jump in.  This will be fairly short, will not contain pictures but is one of the most important messages that I wish to share with others.

Being a mother is one of the most incredible and amazing things that has ever happened to me.  I have been truly blessed with two of the most amazing and beautiful children anyone could ever ask for.

Every day as I play with my kids, feed them, bathe them, love on them, my heart aches for those that I know that cannot have children.  I have known many people that have had problems conceiving.  Some have had luck with fertility treatments, some have completed their family by route of adoption.  At times I feel like I cannot say anything because I have been blessed with my children for the most part very easily.  I don't say that to boast by any means, and I don't mean to do that in any way.

The message I have to share or want to cause some to think about in general in this post is never assume you know someone's story. Don't think you know what is truly going on in someone's life unless they make the choice to tell you.  If they do, sometimes the best thing we can do is just pray.  Don't offer a solution, don't tell them what you would do.  Just be there to listen and pray for them or even with them.

I challenge you also to expand this way of thinking beyond those that may not be able to have children or are having trouble conceiving.  Take this practice with everyone in your life in any situation in which you find yourself trying to understand something that is beyond your control.  Know that there are just somethings that are beyond our control and there is God is there, watching over us, all of us and in His time He will provide and show us the way.

Have a blessed day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment