Tuesday, January 7, 2014

"Iowhat?!?!"

I am not sure if it is the cold, cold, weather we are having (-11 yesterday with a windchill of -45 and today is a high temp projected of 7!) or still reflecting on what our first Christmas traveling back home was like, but I feel lead to talk a little about our move to Iowa today...:)

One of the most beautiful verses in the bible that reflects on marriage I believe is Ephesians 5:31 "For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh." (NIV). I believe it is both beautiful and one of the hardest truths a couple has to overcome sometimes when getting married.  Keith and I were one of those couples. It was more me than him, I have such a huge family and I love every single person in my family with my entire heart.  I am one of those people that is "you mess with my family, you mess with me" (I am not Italian, I'm straight blooded German, but I view it as sort of the little mobster coming out in me every once and awhile ;)).  What comes with that great love for my family is a great attachment.  What comes with that attachment is sometimes not allowing my marriage, the family that Keith and I built to be my priority.


When God brought this job for Keith into our lives, it was a blessing and a huge confusion.  Keith needed to find a new job, he needed something new and something that he could be excited about. It was a great job with a great salary, but it was in IOWA!  At the point Keith was offered the job, I had been praying for a long time that God would shine some light for Keith and I and our future for us and our family.  I just had NO IDEA (which is usually the case in the works of God) what he had in store for us.  I was terrified at the thought of moving.  I had a great job that I absolutely loved as an Assistant Director of Admissions at Wichita State.  I loved going to work every day, I had always wanted to be a stay at home wife and mom, but I loved our day care provider and trusted her completely with our children.  When we told our family and friends, most were happy for Keith, but all were concerned with our decision to just pick up and move to Iowa with a newborn.  It was totally understood for the m to be hesitant, so I was I!  The biggest obstacle I had to overcome was to not let what everyone around me was saying effect what I knew in my heart God was telling me about this move.  I know He was guiding our family here, giving us the opportunity to grow as our own family unit.  We decided to kind of "split the difference" in making the decision to move.  Keith came up first and I didn't give any notice at my job until we knew he would like it and everything was set.  Keith moved up here at the end of February and spent the first month here in a hotel that the company paid for (which was a HUGE blessing).  He loved the job and we made the decision to follow what we could see as God's plan for our family and make the leap and move 500 miles away from our family and friends and in April, Keith flew home to Wichita, some of our amazing family and friends came to help us pack up our Budget truck and our little family moved to Waterloo, IA.

One of my FAVORITE pictures from our move, Kolten and my dad playing on our piano...I never knew Dad knew how to play the piano, but sure enough, he sat down and played a song for Kolten!

It has been a bigger blessing on our family and Keith and I's marriage than I ever could have imagined!  Keith and I have grown stronger in our marriage and our little family has had some pretty great memories made so far!  We have found an AMAZING church and made some great new friends through Keith's job and our church.  It has been just a truly better experience than I truly could have ever pictured on my own.  We have even been able to connect to some great leaders in AdvoCare and look forward to continue to grow our team up here as well!  God is truly an amazing planner and I am reminded each day that I just my job to follow Him and I will be rewarded in abundance!
 
Kolten playing in the car on one of our many pit stops on the way to Iowa!

I look forward to sharing more stories of our Iowa adventures with you all!  Have a blessed day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment