Thursday, January 9, 2014

Here's Your Sign! ;)

So, I'm fairly positive that when most people hear the saying, "Here's Your Sign" they most likely think of Bill Engvall and his comedy routine that when people do something stupid they would get a literal sign that says "I'm Stupid".  In the last couple of years of my life though, that saying has taken on a new meaning for me and I feel it being laid on my hear to share with you today! :)

There have been MANY times before, during and after our move to Iowa or even just in the last couple of years or so that I have found myself asking "WHY?". I find myself to be a bit of a planner...I like to know when things are going to happen, how things are going to happen, and in many times I like to control both of those options as well (THANKYOUVERYMUCH! ;)).  Now, as a few of my other posts have said so far, what I have learned so very well is when man plans, God laughs (maybe not laughs like an "LOL" type of situation, but you know that moment when you see someone do something or hear them say something and you kinda chuckle to yourself and shake your head? In my mind God does that a lot to me).  Well...I digress (but it was important to the topic, I promise).

Over the past year or so, I have started to be able to consciously see the "why" and give credit where credit is due to the blessings I have in my life.  A month or so ago, I got a text from a friend here in Iowa, Michelle, that told me Harry Connick Jr. was a co-host on "The View" and I better turn it on (I have a bit of a "healthy" obsession with HCJr - you'll hear more about that in a later post, I am sure:)).  Anyway....I ran to the bedroom, turned on the TV, found "The View" and watched intently and much to my surprise, Jody Benson (The Voice of Ariel, The Little Mermaid) was on at the end of the show and sang "Part of Your World" (I also have a slight obsession with The Little Mermaid :)).  So, during the commercial break in the show when they announced that she was going to sing, I went back into the living room and told Keith, "See, this is why God brought us to Iowa!  He brought us here so you would work with Michelle and she could do my hair and we could talk about Harry Connick Jr and because of your job, I can stay home and she text me today so I could watch this show and see him and hear this song!"  NOW...let's be real here folks...that is a STRETCH!  I was joking (sort of) that day, but what I want you to see is that sometimes you do have to stretch to see what God is doing in your life!
 
Another "before and during" - Left is when I met Harry Connick Jr. in 2011/Right is this November when Keith and I saw him in KC!

Tonight was not a stretch for me...I went to a PHENOMENAL training tonight for AdvoCare in Cedar Falls that was lead by our area leaders, Michael and Lindsey Roberts and also a Double Diamond Distributor, Joe Hadachek.  I can't say more to anyone about this night than when Joe was up there and talking, I literally felt like God really was laying it on my heart, "Lisa, this is for you!  Listen to these words, know they are for you and that you CAN DO THIS!"  I have been so on fire for AdvoCare for almost the last year and you know what I have felt in the last few weeks?  I KNOW that I will be involved with the company for the rest of my LIFE!  It is a long standing company with incredible integrity and time and time again I hear story after story of product success and business success that prove to be that God brought this company, this opportunity to us for a reason!  We have been able to help so many people already and I am so excited for what is yet to come for us and for those people that we will lock arms with in the near and distant future to help reach their goals.

Joe Hadachek and I at tonight's training!

I encourage each of you, every single day to look to see how God has blessed your life.  Where is your "sign"?  Can you see it? Take each day and make it yours!  See how you are blessed and although sometimes you may have to stretch a bit to see it, it's worth it!

Have a blessed day friends!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment